Sunday, November 1, 2009

Thirst for the Living God

The Greatest Commandments Jesus Christ gave us were these:

1) "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
2) Love your neighbor as yourself."
-Mark 12:30-31

There is no commandment greater than these.

In my life this is something I wish I strove for everyday and in every moment. I pray that, "As a deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God." (Psalm 42:1-2)

This is a goal of mine I hope that my soul pants for my Lord and my soul pants to love my Lord with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength, and that my soul pants to love my neighbor as myself and to love them unconditionally as God loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment