Friday, March 4, 2011

If We Don't Have Love, We Are Nothing

"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing." - 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

We can possess everything we could ever imagine, we can achieve everything we ever wanted to, we can achieve unparalleled levels of success, we can do everything to bring us happiness.

or

We can have faith that can move mountains, we can give away all of these possessions, we can persevere through hardship, we can do works for God.

Either way if we do not have Love, we gain nothing. we do not make a sound. we are nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment