Monday, April 20, 2009

Press On

Philippians is a letter written to the Church of Philippi to thank them. Paul wrote this letter while in Prison in Rome around 60 A.D. Paul's passage of Philippians 3:12-14 is in the context of him wanting to know Christ and obtaining Christ.

"But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

This one thing that Paul does, I often fail to do. Forgetting what is behind and pushing on to the future, the hope that is ahead. The past cannot be changed, a mistake made last week will always be there, but what you can change, is the future. What has happened in the past is exactly what God had planned for you and now you must press on to live for God now and in the future. Pressing on towards the ultimate goal, the unconditional love, the one and only, the eternal life in the light of the Lord. I must learn to constantly desire to strive to achieve the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. I must be still and let God speak and call to me and follow the will God has written on my heart. Striving for this prize, striving for serving Christ, striving for desperate dependence on Christ, striving for loving like Christ, striving for walking with Christ, striving for a life eternally with our Father and Savior in Heaven. If you do not put your past behind then how can you live life to the fullest. If you do not put your past behind then how can you truly live for Christ.

So Press on! Because Christ has already forgot what is behind and is striving ahead in His relationship with you, shouldn't you be striving with Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment